What is dynamic ads for travel?
It is a new feature on Facebook, Instagram and Audience network that lets you automatically show adverts to people who have previously demonstrated interest in visiting your website or mobile app. Whether someone has browsed hotels, but didn't book, or bought a flight, but didn't make a hotel reservation, Facebook dynamic adverts for travel let you target that person with relevant adverts based on the specific dates, destination and other details about the trip.
How to set up DAT, is it convenient?
Automatic, efficient and adaptable… you only must set up your campaign once to promote all your inventory without having to create each advert separately. Your adverts will appear on desktop, mobile and tablet, regardless of the device people use to originally see your product.
What can you do with DAT?
- • Deliver adverts to people who want to see them: choose specific dates and pricing, target specific people depending on when and where they want to go.
- • Show complementary offers: show offer upgrades to people who have already booked, based on remarketing.
- • Target your most valuable audiences: improve your ROI by targeting very specific people or excluding other people (e.g. those who have already booked).
Defining Events on DAT
Events are the travel-specific intent signals that the Facebook pixel captures when a user performs an action on an advertiser’s site. These events include:
- • Search– A user performs a search for a specific location
- • View Content– A user views a specific hotel
- • Initiate Checkout– A user begins the booking process
- • Purchase– A user completes a booking
This data allows advertisers two extremely important abilities:
- 1) Retargeting Audience Creation– DAT events fuel the ability to create audiences based on travel-specific intent signals. These events are at the core of understanding the advantage of DAT over DPA for travel brands.
- 2) Dynamic Values for Relevant Ad Copy– The Facebook pixel also captures parameters tied to a user’s preferences, such as check in-check out date, hotel city, and number of travelers. These values can be inserted dynamically in DAT ad copy to increase relevance and incentivize potential customers.